Seafood stock, aromatic and full of flavor. Even though you can fine seafood stock readily available, this is so much better. Preparing your own stock is very easy, rich in flavor, and it will cost you practically nothing. Most of the time, when cooking shrimp, the shells are tossed away and discarded. But I hope that after trying this you’ll realize that the shells are just as important as the shrimp itself. Once you make it, you can bag them in freezer safe resealable bags and store them for later use.
Skill level: Easy
Click here to view Slideshow, Share, & Comment
Velvet Edition: “Trademark” Recipe
Write a review
1 hr 30 min
1 hr 30 min
- 3 pounds shrimp or prawns
- 2 or 3 lemon wedges
- 3 or 4 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon black peppercorns
- Clean the shrimp and set the shells aside in a bowl.
- Wash the shells a few times till drained water comes out clean.
- Place the shells, lemon wedges, bay leaves and peppercorns in a large pot.
- Add enough water to cover the shells by about 3 inches.
- Cover and bring the water to a boil on high heat.
- Lift the lid to keep it slightly open and lower heat to medium low.
- Cook for 1 hour and 30 minutes.
- Place a sieve over a large bowl and empty the content.
- You can freeze the stock in freezer safe resealable bags for later use.
Velvet Edition https://www.velvetedition.com/
Click on the first image below to view a step by step slideshow:
Leave a Reply