Aromatic Jasmine rice is a family favorite. I cook this rice often and serve it with meat, chicken fish or any vegetable dish. Although Jasmine rice is becoming more common in the United States and in Mediterranean cuisine, it is a native Thai rice, that’s slightly shorter than the long grain yet it does have a higher starch content. You’ll know when it’s cooked, because it releases it’s flowery aromatic fragrance.
Skill level: Easy
Click here to view Slideshow, Share, & Comment
Jasmine Rice with Vermicelli
Velvet Edition: “Mediterranean” Recipe
Write a review
- 3 cups Jasmine rice
- 1/2 cup crumbled vermicelli pasta
- 2 – 3 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3 cups water
- 1 tablespoon chicken bouillon (omit when making for lenten)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a saucepan add the vegetable oil and the vermicelli.
- Fry for a few minutes until vermicelli is lightly golden. (see note #1 below)
- Add the Jasmine rice and the butter.
- Toast the rice for about 5 minutes on medium high heat.
- Add the chicken bouillon and the water to the rice and bring to a boil. (see note #2 below)
- Lower heat to low, cover and cook until water is fully absorbed. About 20 minutes.
- 1. Make sure you don’t fry the vermicelli for too long otherwise they burn very fast.
- 2. You can substitute chicken broth for the chicken bouillon.
Velvet Edition https://www.velvetedition.com/
Leave a Reply