This is a very popular Mediterranean salad. The mint and lemon pair perfectly together. If you have fresh mint in your herb garden, then snip some mint leaves instead of the dried mint.
Skill level: Easy
- 1 head romaine or iceberg lettuce
- 2 small tomatoes cut into quarters.
- 1/2 English cucumber cut in half and then into 1/4 inch slices
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dried mint or fresh chopped mint leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Combine the olive oil, lemon, salt and mint in a bowl. Make an emulsion by mixing all the ingredients together and them pour the dressing over the salad. Serve.
- In a bowl, chop the Romaine lettuce into one inch pieces.
- Add the tomatoes and cucumbers
- Add the dressing and gently toss together
- Serve immediately
- 1. You can use any kind of lettuce. But romaine lettuce does not wilt as fast as for example, iceberg lettuce and stays crisp much longer.