Beef patties in tomato sauce is also commonly known as “Ezmeer Keufteh.” If you are busy and running short of time, this is the perfect dinner dish. Beef patties seasoned with salt and peppers, lightly sautéed and cooked in a thick tomato sauce. Serve it with a lemon mint dressing salad, and Jasmine rice with vermicelli.
Skill level: Easy
Click here to view Slideshow, Share, & Comment
Beef Patties in Tomato Sauce
Traditional “Armenian” Recipe
Write a review
- 2 1/2 to 3 pounds ground beef
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 1 (6 oz) can tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon pepper paste (optional)
- 2 – 3 cups water
- 3 – 5 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Mix the salt, white pepper, red pepper, and allspice with the ground beef.
- Divide the meat into 10 equal parts.
- Shape each into a circle about 3 inches in diameter.
- In a 4 quart saucepan, and on medium high heat add 3 or 4 tablespoons of the vegetable oil, enough to coat the bottom of the pan.
- Add 3 or 4 of the patties and gently fry both sides, on medium high heat. Do not overcook or the meat will get tough.
- Remove when done and do the same with the rest of the patties.
- Clean the saucepan by wiping with a paper towel and removing the used vegetable oil.
- Add 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil, the tomato paste and pepper paste.
- Stir on medium heat for about 1 minute. You’ll will be able to smell the tomato paste.
- Add the water, bring to boil, then slip the patties carefully into the sauce.
- Bring the sauce to a boil, then lower heat and cook for about 10 minutes.
- Serve with your favorite rice recipe and a side of salad. Don’t forget the baguette! (see note #1 below)
- 1. The sauce should be thick and not runny.
Velvet Edition https://www.velvetedition.com/
Leave a Reply