Beef broth – homemade is easy to make. You can’t compare it to the store bought broth because it tastes so much better. The broth you buy in a can or carton contains an outrageous amount of sodium along with other preservatives that I can’t even pronounce. This beef broth is incredibly light, flavorful and will go with any dish that call for broth. I wanted to put this recipe now, because I will be posting many recipes using beef broth on my site. You can make a large batch and freeze some in a freezer resealable bag. The meat can be used in recipes or it makes a great sandwich with pickles, tomatoes, lettuce ….
Skill level: Easy
Click here to view Slideshow, Share, & Comment
Beef Broth – Homemade
Traditional “Armenian / Lebanese ” Recipe
Write a review
- 2 or 3 medium bone-in beef shanks (about 1 pound each) cross cut
- 1 medium onion cut into quarters
- 3 – 5 whole cardamom
- ½ teaspoon whole allspice
- 1 teaspoon whole black peppercorns
- In a 7 quart saucepan, place the meat, and add enough water to cover the meat by about 2 inches.
- Add the onions, cardamom pods, whole spices and black peppercorns.
- Bring the mixture to a boil and with a spoon remove the froth from the top.
- Lower heat and cook on medium low for about 1 ½ to 2 hours till the meat is fork tender.
- Remove from the saucepan and leave to cool.
- Strain the broth and set aside.
- Separate the meat from the bones, remove fat and grizzle and break the meat into large chunks.
- Use broth in your recipes.
Velvet Edition https://www.velvetedition.com/
Leave a Reply