Perfect breakfast alternative. Potato and eggs frittata is perfect for a late breakfast or brunch. You can “dress it up” any way you like, but potatoes and eggs are good enough! The potatoes are crunchy and match perfectly with the soft texture of the eggs. Serve it with tomatoes, olives, homemade halloumi, or stuff it in pita bread for a quick healthy sandwich.
Skill level: Easy
- 4 eggs
- 1 medium potato – diced
- ¼ cup milk
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Salt and pepper
- Place the eggs in a small bowl.
- Using a fork, whisk the eggs and add the milk.
- Mix again to combine and set aside.
- I another bowl, dice the potatoes, rinse, and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a small skillet.
- Add the diced potatoes and on fry on medium high heat until golden brown, stirring occasionally. About 7 – 10 minutes.
- Add the eggs and milk mixture and reduce heat slightly.
- Do not stir until the mixture has set. This will take a minute or two.
- After a couple of minutes flip the frittata over and cook for another minute.
- Transfer to a platter and serve with olives, tomatoes, cheese or even stuff it in pita bread for a healthy sandwich.