Liver kebab, I have to admit is an “acquired” taste. It’s a very popular food item at restaurants in all parts of the Mediterranean. Marinated with garlic and the spices, then grilled, you won’t believe it is liver you’re eating. The texture is soft and smooth just like beef tenderloin. Liver kebab is perfect for that August cookout in your backyard!
Skill level: Intermediate
- 1 ½ pounds beef liver ( washed in cold water, pat dried, cut into 1 inch cubes )
- 10 garlic cloves crushed
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper
- ¼ teaspoon allspice
- 1 ½ teaspoon cumin
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- ¾ teaspoon dried mint
- 1 Red or green bell pepper ( cut into squares – optional )
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley ( for garnish – optional )
- Mix the beef liver with the seasonings.
- Marinate in the refrigerator for a couple of hours or overnight.
- Arrange on skewers with red bell peppers in between.
- Grill on a charcoal grill until desired doneness.