Jajik is one of the simplest and most refreshing side dishes you’ll ever make. A traditional Armenian recipe that’s often made along side many of the kufteh recipes. Made with plain yogurt, cucumbers, dried mint and a couple of ice cubes. The ingredients pair so well together and the ice cubes help to keep the jajik cold. It’s simple to make, authentic and very refreshing!
Skill level: Easy
- 3 – 4 Persian cucumbers – sliced
- 5 Tablespoons yogurt
- ¼ cup cold water
- ½ teaspoon dried mint
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 5 – 6 ice cubes
- Place the yogurt in a small bowl and while stirring, slowly add the cold water.
- Slice the cucumbers and add to the softened yogurt.
- Add the dried mint and salt.
- Mix together.
- Just before serving, add the ice cubes and mix together just once.
- 6. Serve.
- 1. If you add all the water at once, it will leave the yogurt lumpy and you won’t get a creamy texture.