Creamy asparagus soup is a meal you can put together in no time. Healthy, soothing and perfect for that cold winter day. Made with roasted asparagus, creamed in the processor, combined with cream of chicken or mushroom soup, and topped with croutons. You’ll realize that asparagus is more than just a vegetable to add next to a roast or toss in a salad.
Skill level: Easy
Click here to view Slideshow, Share, & Comment
Creamy Asparagus Soup
Write a review
- 1 1/2 pounds (45 – 50) asparagus spears, ends removed
- 2 – 3 tablespoons vegetable oil for roasting
- 1 pound cream of mushroom or chicken soup
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 3 cups water
- Salt to taste
- toast for croutons ( 1 toast per bowl of soup )
- Line a baking pan with aluminum foil.
- Place the asparagus spears and drizzle with the vegetable oil.
- Toss to coat.
- Broil for about 7 minutes until lightly browned.
- Leave to cool.
- Cut the spears in half and process in the food processor.
- In a 5 quart saucepan and on high heat, place the spears, mushroom or chicken soup, chicken broth, water and chicken bouillon.
- Using a whisk, mix and bring the content to a boil.
- Butter one side of the toast (optional ) and toast until golden brown.
- Trim edges and cut the toast into squares.
- Place the broth in a bowl and garnish with the croutons.
Velvet Edition https://www.velvetedition.com/
Leave a Reply