Chicken and rice casserole is a dish that you can whip up in no time. Grab a rotisserie chicken from the grocery store, shred it, add the rice and in 30 minutes dinner will be ready. The onions that are added to the rice is what keeps the dish moist. You can also add frozen peas or carrots
Skill level: Easy
Click here to view Slideshow, Share, & Comment
Chicken and Rice Casserole
Velvet Edition: “Mediterranean” Recipe
Write a review
1 hr 30 min
1 hr 30 min
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 large onions – chopped
- 2 cans ( 4 ounce each ) mushrooms
- 2 roasted chicken breasts – shredded
- 2 cups Uncle Bens rice
- 4 ½ cups water or chicken broth
- Lightly grease a 13 x 9 baking dish and set aside
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper
- ¼ teaspoon Baharat (optional but recommended)
- In a 5 quart saucepan heat the vegetable oil, and add the onions.
- Fry on medium high heat till the onions begin to turn brown on the sided. About 10 minutes.
- Add the rice and continue to cook for a few more minutes. About 3 or 4 minutes.
- Add the butter and the seasoning and cook for another minute or 2.
- Grease a 13 x 9 baking pan.
- Empty the rice into the prepared pan and distribute evenly.
- Add the shredded chicken evenly over the rice and finely the mushrooms.
- Pour the chicken broth carefully all over, cover and bake at 350° for 1 hour or until the water has been fully absorbed.
- Serve with a side order of salad.
Velvet Edition https://www.velvetedition.com/
Leave a Reply