If you like to stroll at your local farmers market in the summer months, you may have noticed the different varieties of peppers that are available. These blistered pardon peppers make an amazing appetizer. Serve them next to your pizza, make some Margaritas, and invite your friends over for a Friday night get together. These peppers are so flavorful and delicate that you can eat them whole, leaving just the steams. The Mexican seasoning adds a zesty and tangy kick to these peppers.
Skill level: Easy
- 1 pound Padron peppers
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil for frying
- 2 tablespoons olive oil for drizzling
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon Tagin Mexican seasoning
- In a large skillet heat about the vegetable oil, till very hot.
- Add the pardon peppers and toss.
- Cook until the skin becomes blistered and the peppers start to sizzle.
- Remove from skillet and empty onto a platter.
- Drizzle lightly with olive oil, garlic powder and Tagin Mexican seasoning.