Easy, healthy and an excellent alternative to your morning or afternoon muffin. This recipe makes a moist and fluffy cake. Cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves are the key ingredients and the walnuts add an extra level of flavor to the mix. Whenever I have ripe bananas, instead of throwing them away, I make this cake. Normally I don’t dust the top with confectioners sugar, but if the cake is for guests, I’ll go ahead and add it on.
Skill level: Easy
Click here to view Slideshow, Share, & Comment
Banana Nut Cake
Velvet Edition: “Vintage” Recipe
Write a review
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (softened)
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 3 ripe bananas
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves
- 1 to 2 tablespoons confectioners sugar for dusting (optional)
- Heat the oven to 350°.
- Grease a rectangle 9 x 13 cake pan with cooking spray.
- Mix the butter and sugar in a mixer until light in color and fluffy.
- Add the eggs one by one until well combined.
- Add the milk and mix till combined.
- Add the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and vanilla. Continue to beat until you obtain a smooth batter.
- In a separate bowl mash the bananas until smooth.
- Add the bananas and walnuts to the batter and mix with a spatula until all is combined.
- Spoon the batter into the cake pan. The texture of the batter isn’t thin or runny, but thick and coarse.
- Place the pan in the oven and bake for 34 to 40 minutes, until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and leave to cool completely.
- If desired, dust the top with confectioners sugar.
- Cut and serve.
Velvet Edition https://www.velvetedition.com/
Leave a Reply